It's never too late to help out Kubuntu in the cycle Here's our work items for this cycle.
Some of the easier ones:
- track down and update install docs everywhere for having a USB/DVD image but no CD image
- review kubuntu active for app selection and good experience
- Kubuntu Quantal Docs - carry on where top contributor LittleGirl had to leave off
- Update ubiquity to match GTK frontend (the GTK frontend is getting a load of features which will mean the alternate images can go away like LVM partitioning)
- ensure OwnCloud juju charm works (we like owncloud here at Kubuntu)
- deal with Kubuntu unique strings now we aren't using Launchpad (should be translated separately either in KDE or in Launchpad).
and many more
Join us in #kubuntu-devel on IRC to help out